Repointing and Repairing Brickwork
Exterior walls tend to sustain damage over time, due to exposure to the elements. Unfortunately, this wear and tear can compromise the beauty of your property and the integrity of the wall itself. At AC Joinery, we offer excellent services for repointing and repairing brickwork that will help you
What Kind of Damage Can We Repair?
Brick walls can develop a large number of problems when they’re exposed to certain elements and aren’t protected well. Over the years, we have handled repointing and repairing brickwork jobs for problems like:
- Frost Damage
- Efflorescence and Staining
- Lime Runoff
- Iron Staining
- Silicate Deposits
- Acid Burn
- Sulfate Attack
- Wall Tie Failure
- Weathering and Degeneration of Joints
If your brick wall doesn’t behave as it is supposed to, and has developed problems, you can explain the situation to our experts. They will visit your property to assess the damage and recommend solutions for repointing and repairing brickwork accordingly.
The mortar between the bricks doesn’t usually last as long as the bricks do. The outer layers will erode over time and that would compromise the integrity of the wall. Repointing is the best way to deal with the situation. During this process we will:
- Cover the area near the wall with plastic sheets to ensure the clean-up process is easy.
- Remove the old pointing with hammer and chisel carefully. Our skilled repairmen will ensure the surrounding brick isn’t damaged during the process.
- Once all the mortar is removed and the edges are preserved, we will start filling the gaps with fresh mortar.
- Make sure all dust is removed from the gaps to ensure the new mortar adheres well to the bricks.
- After all the gaps are filled, we’ll remove the excess mortar with the wire brush and ensure the wall is perfectly even for finishing.
Our technicians will then move on to finish the wall and make it presentable. Once the wall is painted and finished, we will remove the plastic sheets and do the final clean-up before we leave your property.
If you want to know more about our services of repointing and repairing brickwork here at AC Joinery, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. You can call us at 0161 980 7992 or contact us through our web form today.